Plan It Out. Keep It Simple!



Of late, I feel overwhelmed. There is a lot to do. There's always a lot!

I am someone who is most comfortable while following a particular routine.  A fixed time of the day to do a fixed task - this has been my MO since a long time. I have found that this makes my days much easier. Now it seems even this is not working!

I have never believed in planning. It feels to me like we jinx it whenever we plan something. But, when there is a lot to do, planning it out actually works.  Since a week, I have taken to planning in advance, atleast for the tasks involving cooking and my writing - the two tasks that fill up my days. 

I prepared a weekly plan for my cooking. This included taking stock of what is available at home, what to buy and when to buy it. Of course, it goes without saying that I leave ample room for sudden and unexpected changes. But having a plan makes me feel relaxed and prepared for the week ahead. Much of the overwhelmed feeling was because I was simply going with the flow without knowing what to do. 

Now, going with the flow also works for many but mostly when there aren't too many tasks demanding your attention. When there is a lot to do, it is best to plan and schedule it.

I will be frank here and admit that when it comes to writing, planning doesn't always help. When it works, it works. When you do not know what to write, how can you plan for it? I just set some time aside everyday for writing. I sit in front of the laptop and write whatever comes to my mind. Sometimes it takes the form of a story or blog, other times I delete whatever nonsense I type. But just the thought that I have set some time off for writing gives me confidence and hope that my write-ups will see the light of the day!

Whatever task I have planned for, one major distraction is the mobile, or rather the SM. Shorts and reels, to be specific. These take up too much of my time. I start watching a reel with the intention of taking some five to ten minutes off but before I know it, an hour has gone by. I have my suspicions that shorts and reels could be time-traveling portals, because you never realize how much time you spent on these. 

Plans, hopes, wishes - what else is life about!? I came across this beautiful quote today:



How relatable is this for most of us! It is time to live out our days and not just pass them. We can live better when we are less overwhelmed, and the key to feel less overwhelmed is to plan it out and keep it simple!

Comments

  1. I am also a person who tries to follow a rule to do things.At times , I have to change according to the situation

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a person who plans a lot, I can resonate with ur thoughts. Sometimes it's better to go with the flow. But planning gives a blueprint. Always a delight to read your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful thoughts and very relatable! Loved it Maitrin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do Not Just Exist; Live!

To Thine Own Self, Be Kind!

Musings Of A Socially-Awkward Introvert!